I seen this MOD, the Tim Hodge's exhaust MOD, and just had to do it!
The problem I had
was getting the funnels out of the mufflers. I almost destroyed the
right pipe with vice grips, so I decided on a different course.
measured the inside diameter of the pipe, 1 1/2", and I went to the
hardware store and looked for some pipe I could insert into the end of
the funnel and spot weld onto it and pop it out, the following pictures
are of what I got. A 4 foot pipe, 2 T fittings, and a 6 inch pipe to use
to pound on.
The T fitting was slightly to large, so I ground it down
a bit and it fit in. I spot welded it in and got a friend to pull on
it while I hammered the end on the 4' pipe I made with a T fitting and a
6" pipe on the end.
I then needed to fix the mangled funnel and both
funnels from grinding the spot welds off, so I got some Liquid Steel
epoxy from Walmart for $3 and formed it around the ends. After it
hardened, I sanded it and then painted the ends with high-temp exhaust
flat-black paint. You can't tell unless you look for it now.